Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yard Sale!

I love yard sales. It's the only time I can find stuff for dirt cheap and haggle the price even lower. No, I don't always haggle. Just sometimes.

Today Sangaree had a subdivision-wide yard sale. The Sangaree tax district got a list together of all the homes that were going to participate and put a list together, complete with a map. Over 100 addresses were listed. Cool! We started at 8am and by noon we had only hit a little over 50 of the stops. By noon, we (being my mom and I) were exhausted and decided to call it a day. Well, exhausted and broke. LoL

Here's what I got and for what price:

Pooh's Heffalump Movie = $1
Little People Fun Sounds Farm = $4
Plastic Tigger = $0.25
Grumpy Bear Carebear = $0.25
Two 2 inch binders = $0.50
High School Musical 3 Dance mat = $2
My total = $8

My mom bought my son a Little Tikes Cookin Sounds Gormet Kitchen (including dishes) for $30.



Now for the coolness of it all. Both the kitchen and the farm are in fantastic shape and came with all the accessories. That Little Tikes Cookin Sounds Gourmet Kitchen looks brand new, and is currently selling for $80 at most stores. I just saved (actually, my mom saved) $50! And that Little People Farm, well that retails at $40. I just saved $36!

We just spent $34 on two items that would have cost us $120 had we bought it new.

And that is why I love yard sales. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment